Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reminiscing

Today was full of reminiscing with my younger sister. I loved it!

We looked at our art boxes filled with projects from our early years, and little sentimental letters and cards.
We laughed...a lot!
at things like this:
- my drawings of dogs, i was obsessive, every story and drawing assignment i made was of a dog.
- how cute spelling, writing, and drawings are in kindergarten-3rd grade.
- letters i would write my parents when i was in trouble, and in time out consisting of notes like "dear dad, if you let me out i will give you a great big kiss!" OR "dear mom and dad, i am sorry i made you mad. i hope mommy gets to go shopping with Ali happy. dad will you give mom a kiss for me because she won't want to kiss me..." haha so cute! i guess i got in trouble a lot, and saved all of the surrender and plee notes.
-how cute EVERYTHING was when i was little

Sometimes i was laughing so hard i was crying, or laughing and crying at the same time. reminiscing can do that to you i guess. And there were some things that made me straight up cry also. There was the sweetest letter from my grandpa who died when i was 5, it's so precious. i miss him. Sweet little cards my mom and dad wrote to me about what a special little girl i am to them and so on, hopefully i still am right!?

We also looked at tons of pictures, with the hopes of finding a few good ones to frame for Valentine's Day. well...all the good ones are already framed! haha oh well. It was so much fun looking back on the days when things weren't always so stressful, and hard! When i could just play and play and play and really had no worries.

Hakuna Matata baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones