Saturday, February 12, 2011

Confidence

It's a good thing. So make sure you have some of it!

While i was looking at some more recent pictures of me, i would catch myself saying "Wow, i was actually really pretty here..."

I don't remember thinking that i was pretty when i was in middle school, or high school. I didn't believe people when they said it, and i didn't say it about myself. I just thought a lot of girls were prettier then me i guess. I think that's one of the main reasons i never really dated anyone was because of a lack of confidence in my self image.

It was weird to think back to that time, because now that i've grown up and learned more about myself and accepted it, i do think i'm a real pretty girl! It's a good feeling to believe people when they give you a compliment and say you're beautiful.

- Definitions -

Confidence: belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self confidence. GOOD

Cockiness: arrogance; being conceited. BAD

Be CONFIDENT. you don't have to be and shouldn't be COCKY...but confidence can get you a long way.
with boys.
with jobs.
with talents.
with friends.
with life! :)

I LOVE QUOTES. so i'll leave you with a few that i found inspired me.

"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them" ~Michael Jordan (HOLLA for a BALLA! love him...)

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not" ~unknown

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price" ~unknown

"Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got" ~unknown

4 comments:

  1. I love this. And it is so true! Thanks Chlo. I think you are a BABE, for the record. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad you enjoyed it jac. you're welcome and thank you cousin :) you are very babelicious as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a confidence quote I saw on television the other day:
    "With confidence, You've already won!"
    I love this post and all these quotes!
    I'm glad you pointed the different between cocky & confident. haa. Most people don't understand the difference sometimes. sigh. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones