Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RAIN

My relationship with rain has been up and down for the past 15 years. Because i live in Seattle rain never goes away!

When i was a little kid i loved it!
I wasn't one of those girls that didn't go outside if it was raining, i still went out during recess and did everything i did when it wasn't raining. I remember kids screaming and just running everywhere, enjoying the rain! Of course teachers discouraged it, but even with their guidance not to get so wet...we all ended up going back to class totally soaked.

Throughout my youth i played sports in the rain, soccer in the rain was messy, but i don't remember dreading to go to practice or games when it was totally wet out. I don't remember being excited about it either. I guess you could say that Rain was just there, but i didn't really care. (that rhymed...cool! ha)

Of course during baseball season i hated when it rained, that meant we couldn't play! and if we ever did play in the rain...it was not fun. slippery ball, wet and cold hands..

In high school i freakin loved it! Having a practice in the rain was super fun for some reason...i was the crazy, silly girl on the team and i don't even know why but running our butts off in the rain was really fun for me. Our clothes would get totally soaked and my hair (that is usually naturally straight) would curl up! haha my lil whispies around my face would turn into twirls. i'm a dork and i love it when that happens! One of my favorite high school games was at skyline high school on a turf field, when it was just ridiculously pouring down rain. I can't even remember if we won but i remember it was freakin awesome to play in.

Of course there were plenty of times when i hated the rain. It would keep me from being able to hang out outside with my friends all of the time. It made it pointless to do my hair, and the walk from my car to the school was not good in the rain. On sundays when i have church i hated it when it rained haha. All of the times my clothes and everything actually mattered i didn't really like the rain. I tried to stay out of it.

When i went to Rexburg, Idaho for school i went 4 months without seeing it rain like it did in Seattle. Whenever it did rain in Idaho i ran out and danced in it. I really learned to love it NO MATTER WHAT. I didn't care what i was wearing or how my hair was done i would go out in the rain and just enjoy having the water drip down my face and just everything about it, the noise on my roof at night, the drips on my window, thunder! and lightning! :) I never thought that i would catch myself saying that i missed the crazy Seattle rain, but i totally missed it when i was in Idaho.

Now i am back home and Rain and i have been reunited. This week was freakin awesome! I got to go on a few walks with my dog in the monsoon weather haha. It was fun. Rain is beautiful. Rain makes everything around me more beautiful and makes the air totally clear. The day after it rains, everything is so clear and washed away.

So RAIN...if you're listening. i love you :) hopefully we can dance again soon, or even better play soccer soon ha

4 comments:

  1. Chlo, I'm totally with ya on this! Even when I still lived in Seattle, I never minded the rain. But ever since I moved, whenever it rains, I'm that girl who calls all her friends and throws a rain dance party.. But I'm the only one who is just perfectly happy and content even just sitting in the pouring rain. Haha. I guess it's just a Seattle thing.. Once you've lived without it, you remember how much it actually doesn't bother you and how much you really do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! EXACTLY! it's like unless i was running around in it on the soccer field i didn't really notice it. People look at me like i'm crazy when i run out and just skip around and get so happy playing around in the rain haha. Plus when you're away from Seattle, and it's home, or you have good memories there it makes you miss it! it's a reminder of all the good things there. I feel like i'm in a movie when it rains, in one of those scenes when the girls just go and scream and laugh and play in the rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe! I love your blog! You said the other day when we were sending messages on Facebook that you aren't good with words, but YOU ARE!! This totally makes me want to move to Seattle (even more than I already wanted to).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you Em! That is good to hear from an elder, wiser cousin :) ha. I would love to have you closer! I'm sure seattle would love to have you too

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones