Monday, April 4, 2011

Finally!

I have a great job and a great guy! Booya! It feels fantastic.

Both i have been waiting to happen for a very long time and it's about time that i get em! I now work at a law office as an assistant to the whole office and it's so much fun. I am glad i have a sophisticated job, it will help me grow up. hopefully...haha. Having a job helps with my whole life plan of going back to school and getting on with all of that exciting stuff that we have to do before we can start our lives.

Okay so do you remember Superman from my first post? Well...to make a long story short, he's my boyfriend :)

But if you want to read the long story, then here it is:

I had a friend Heather and he has a cousin Vanna. My friend and his cousin were very good friends. When my friend found out that Vanna had a super cute cousin that was LDS, she got really excited and told me i should meet him. They said we were going to get married...haha of course. So we started out with this little joke. I contacted Superman through facebook and got his number and we started texting. We talked to each other non-stop for 2 weeks until i actually got to meet him when i came home for thanksgiving break 2009.

His cousin Vanna set us up for a fun night all together. We went to this cool warehouse full of trampolines called 'Sky High' and played around for a while, it was a fun way to just have fun and get some giggles out. Superman and i liked each other right off the bat. I remember when he walked in the door to pick me up thinking he was a super sharp looking guy, he made me nervous! It was very cute.

He lived an hour away from me and so he was staying at his cousin's for the weekend. Because the first night was so much fun, we hung out for a second time the next day! He was such a gentlemen and made me laugh like crazy (we all know that's a good sign). I had never met such a sweet guy that was also so attractive, and also liked me. :) It was a short lil fling but we ended up liking each other a lot after hanging out during that short break i was home from school.

I went back to school, 2 states away and because Superman would be my first boyfriend i did not want to start things off long distance. I told him i wasn't ready to date, well...i was a little harsh about it and i might've kind of hurt his feelings so we didn't talk much after that lil falling out. We ended up talking again about a month later. Closer to Christmas, and when i would be home again. We did see each other once during that break as well, except this time it was a bit awkward and we just hung out as friends. After that we continued talking as friends. I was going to be at school off and on that year and wasn't going to have a long distance relationship. We made do. We were flirty but more in a joking way. It was a fun and close friendship. We talked sort of off and on for a year. We were close friends, we were there for each other during some tough times and it made it so we cared a lot about each other in that way first.

When i first decided to come home, and take a break from school, living at home and working to save money for the future Superman and i were oober excited we could hang out more. Now i was only an hour away instead of 12 hours! This was still all as friends. Secretly I had a huge crush on him this whole time. I had never let go of how genuine and kind and down right hilarious he had always been to me. We understood each other and got along great.

I knew he was getting ready to go on a mission...so i was skeptical about letting myself like him again. Falling for a missionary is setting yourself up for heartbreak isn't it?? Anyway, It was a couple months until we finally found time to hang out. I had an open mind and was going to see how he acted when we hung out. I didn't even really know i had a crush on him until we hung out again. Turns out we were both crushin' hard on each other! :) Flirting turned into some cuddling and we just fit. It felt amazing to have him there with me!

We talked that night and found out about the huge crushes... :D we had both grown up a lot in that year we were friends and things were different with us but they were better. The difference was we were ready to date, i think. The only thing that was a little scary to me was that he was going to leave within the next 6 months, for 2 whole years!! ahh. When we were talking i could see how much he cared about me and i knew i cared about him. I knew he would be someone i would fall for you easily. I even let him know that. We developed so much trust with our friendship that year that we could talk about anything, and sharing our feelings was not a problem.

A couple weeks later he took me on our first real official date, to a hockey game! One of my favorite things to do is go to a sporting event so it was a blast. It felt good and natural to hold his hand in the crowds of people and to be with him. It was getting more serious.

Here he is with Cool Bird!

The next week i went to visit his family! (he has 9 brothers and sisters between the ages of 20 years and 20 months) it was a fantastic weekend! I met his parents for the first time, and it wasn't scary at all. I felt like i belonged and meshed with everyone in his family great. The night i was there we talked and decided that we would date officially and be boyfriend/girlfriend :) March 20th, 2011!

So there is my story...i didn't mean to ramble but it is hard when it's my incredible boyfriend. He is SUPERMAN.


There he is with his cute youngest sister :)

I can't help it...I love to show him off! He is my newest prize :)

He's hilarious, handsome, fun, awesome with the kids, genuine, kind, caring, and a dedicated hard worker, plus he can rap and he likes me and treats me like a princess ha. He's the bestest!

4 comments:

  1. I like him, too. :) Thanks for sharing. I was feeling sad that you didn't get to come out when Jacquie was here, but it sounds like you had some good reasons to stay where you are. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me happy. It sounds like he's a great guy. I'm glad you found a great job too. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily: I an glad you like him too :) I was very sad I couldn't go too! but I ended up with some good things choosing to stay. I love my job. i am going to call jacquie this weekend and she will tell me of your adventures :) ha. Love you too Em!

    @AuntJac: he is a great guy! totally. life is good right now so I am enjoying it while it lasts. Love you Sacque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckyyyyyyyyyyyy. Haha. It was fun Skyping with you two the other day :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones